|Lectures||0 Officers||1 Officer||1 Officer & 1 Sergeant||2 Officers & 1 Sergeant||3 Officers & 1 Sergeant||5 Officers & 1 Sergeant|
|Fairs/Festivals||0 Officers||1 Officer||1 Officer & 1 Sergeant||2 Officers & 1 Sergeant||3 Officers & 1 Sergeant||4 Officers & 1 Sergeant|
|Dances/Parties||0 Officers||1 Officer||1 Officer & 1 Sergeant||2 Officers & 1 Sergeant||3 Officers & 1 Sergeant||5 Officers & 1 Sergeant|
|Live Concerts||0 Officers||1 Officer||1 Officer & 1 Sergeant||2 Officers & 1 Sergeant||4 Officers & 1 Sergeant||5 Officers & 2 Sergeant|
|Social Events||0 Officers||1 Officer||3 Officers & 1 Sergeant||4 Officers & 1 Sergeant||5 Officers & 2 Sergeants||6 Officers & 2 Sergeant|
|Events with Dignitaries
or other high security risks
|1 Officer||1 Officer||2 Officers & 1 Sergeant||3 Officers & 1 Sergeant||4 Officers & 1 Sergeant||5 Officers & 2 Sergeant|
|5K Run/Walk||3 Officers|
Events with 3000+ attendees: For every 500 attendees, 2 additional officers are required.
*Individual events determined to be high security risks will require additional police, and costs associated will be the responsibility of the sponsoring group.
Costs: $40/hour per officer. For all events requiring security, organizers must meet with the University Police Department. Call 662.325.2121 to set up an appointment. Events not listed above that require the closure of streets must be reviewed directly with University Police to determine security needs.
To Apply for Funding
With support from the Student Activity Fee, registered student organizations can request funds from the Student Association to cover security costs. To apply follow the steps below:
- Log into Org Sync
- Go to the page of the organization in which you want to request funding (be sure to be an administrator for this page or have treasury access)
- Click "more" on the top bar menu, then select "treasury"
- Fill out a new budget request form
- For requesting security funds explicitly, add a line item under the category "Security," and describe the security requirements based upon the event type
- List the security costs.
- Submit the form
- The appropriations committee reviews requests every two weeks, please plan accordingly! Organizations will be notified as to the status of their requests.
For questions regarding appropriations, contact Woody Goss firstname.lastname@example.org, the MSUSA Senate Appropriations Chairman.