In the event of damage or loss of property, it is helpful to record an inventory of your personal items. We recommend that you inventory your items as they are packed and organized for your move to campus. Keep this inventory on file at home and in your student room for future reference.
- Always lock doors and windows
- Remember, if they are not functioning, Students may contact the Housing Facilities Office at (662) 325-2190 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of a maintenance request.
- Consider securing your items with a lock, a cable lock, or other devices.
- Store valuable items out of sight.
What to do if Items are Missing or Stolen
- Call MSU Police Department at 662-325-2121
- Contact your Resident Assistant (RA) or your Residence Hall Director (RD)